POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D Escher Relativity partly radios'd ~52KB : 3D Escher Relativity partly radios'd ~52KB Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  3D Escher Relativity partly radios'd ~52KB
From: omniVERSE
Date: 15 Jan 2000 09:39:45
Message: <388086b1@news.povray.org>
By partly radiositied I mean only one side of the stereopair used it, the other
is lit with a bright light and has more than default ambient as well.  Both were
darkened somewhat by raising the 'assumed_gamma'.
Oh, and this is a combination crossed and parallel image too so all should be
happy.
The Relativity model (Escher stairs I like to call it) was done by someone else
in Dxf format and I converted it over to Inc with 3DWinOGL (by Thomas Baier).  I
almost never got the thing positioned right, bet you can guess why.  To explain
what I was thinking of by doing the non-radiosity + radiosity renders it occured
to me how well suited stereopairs could be for merging images to cause varied
effects.  The light and dark changes from one to the other make for an
interesting perception.  I've always kind of liked that.  Perhaps a good way to
describe the possibilities is to think of a window thats both lit and unlit or a
object which exists in only one image yet shows up in the resulting 3D picture
seemingly detached somehow.

Bob
--
// omniVERSE
// http://users.aol.com/inversez/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '3D escher relativity.jpg' (40 KB)

Preview of image '3D escher relativity.jpg'
3D escher relativity.jpg